Monday, May 21, 2007

...Now with 50% More Self-Serving Ego!!





Dead Rabbit - Out of our Heads

About a week ago, I was ravaging the interweb looking for a set of Tapes 'N Tapes demos that I wanted mainly because I knew far dumber people that had them, and I was jealous. About an hour in, foaming at the mouth over my failure, I stumbled into a blog that mentioned the Tapes, but only as a reference point for a band that they deemed vastly superior. While I refuse to rank the two (in part, because I was late to the party, and wouldn't want to lose credibility if, in fact, Dead Rabbit ARE superior), I was quite impressed with the music (albeit stymied by their refusal to mention ANYWHERE where I can buy the album).

This is where you faithful readers come in. Buy it at Trash Bar tomorrow, when they play from 8-9 with an open bar! And as for you 15 other readers, wondering what you have to gain from reading a post that is essentially a love letter to Ryan in the hopes that I can get my mitts on this CD, just consider yourselves lucky to find out about this band now, from me, and not later, out of distorted speakers at the Buckle. Every song on their MySpace is dope, and it's nice to hear a band with a slight vibe. Psychedelic Furs vibe.

[fist thrust into air] John Hughes Movies Forever [/fist thrust into air]

-----------------------------------

In other news, I plunged deeply into the Matrix on Saturday, acquiring posh luxury box tickets for the Brewers game, and getting into a VIP bar in left field. This is only noteworthy because the Maitre D of said establishment... HAD A HOOK HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!
While I value my membership in the proletariat, I would totally sell out, yuppify, and vote republican if I could see a sharp upswing in day-to-day hook-handed encounters.

No comments: