Thursday, March 27, 2008

Midwesteren Alcoholism Part Two: Electric Boogaloo
























Yesterday was pretty much the walking sequel to to the documented day prior, but everything was more stark, bleak, and drunken. And I had to sit in a 4x4 DJ booth, staring at plywood/computer monitors for eight hours, drinking Guinness[1]. Thus, all of the same faux-analyses apply, except instead of the glass being "half-full", the glass was "half-empty". And there were thirteen "completely empties" sitting around me. And an aging graffiti writer gave me directions to a local metal bar on the back of a receipt for an order of chicken wings. And I had crumbs from my turkey sandwich all over my Fred Sanford T-Shirt. Thus, my emotionally crippled doppleganger was Paul Westerberg, not John Fogerty. Viva la Replacements!![2]

-----------------------------



The Replacements - "Bastards of Young" [3]




The Replacements - "Answering Machine"



The Replacements - "The Ledge"



The Replacements - "Achin' to Be"



The Replacements - "Goddamn Job"/"Junior's Got a Gun" (Live in '81, at the 7th Street Entry)

--------------------------------------------

[1] Actually, it was Bare Knuckle Stout, and they gave it to me when I ordered Guinness on my first night. I didn't quibble, because I figured my constantly crashing computer and my tendency to get drunk and play Social Distortion repeatedly would alienate my coworkers soon enough anyway; I didn't need to accelerate it by starting a fit over being served an Anheuser-Busch knock-off at 6:45 in the evening. Shit, what's 63 RateBeer points between friends??

[2] And I swear, in spite of the fact that I could probably fill a page-a-day calendar with drunken white man music, this will be my last "James Joyce, document my day through shit/shower/shave to slumber" entry for awhile. Godspeed, blogosphere.

[3] Yes, that's the real, MTV-aired video. These guys are that fucking awesome.

3 comments:

Clitoris Rex said...

CONTENT!! Awesome. Now, thanks to replacements I can be depressed too.

Anonymous said...

Anyway, tangents, excessive context, and three Natty Ice cans later, it's rather evident that there's a larger point here, and said point is this:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Johnson Mathew
Alcohol abuse affects millions. This site has a lot of useful information.
Alcohol Abuse

Anonymous said...

learned a lot